Koei Tecmo, Gust, and NHN PlayArt have announced Atelier Online: Alchemists of Braceir, an online RPG due out for iOS and Android in Japan this winter as a free-to-play title with item-based micro-transactions.
Here’s an overview of the game:
A completely new app themed after the Atelier series’ world and game systems. While adopting the series’ charms of a heartwarming world impression, synthesis elements, timeline-based strategic battles, and so on, the game systems are being designed to be easily enjoyed on smartphones. With online support, you can adventure, synthesize, and cooperate with a group of other players, which you could not do in previous Atelier games.
- Travel and Synthesize with a Group of Players – With online support, you can adventure, synthesize, and battle alone or with a group of other players.
- Beautiful Fields – The appearance of the fields, monsters that appear, and items you can gather change with the time, season, and weather.
- Gathering and Synthesizing – The game is fully equipped with side elements. Gather up an abundance of items and fuse them through the game’s substantial synthesis system.
- Battle – Cooperate with your friends to battle strategically. You can fight using items, too.
- Play Style – Freely customize your outfit and skills. You can freely change your equipment too.
More information is due out around Tokyo Game Show 2017 in September.
Watch the trailer below. View the first set of screenshots at the gallery.
(Editor’s Note: Gust has not revealed the official romanization for the word “Braceir.” Our own guess is all we have for now.)