The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Seiken Densetsu Collection producer Masaru Oyamada, who teases new developments for the series’ 25th anniversary, including “some sort of movement” when playing the collection.
Get the interview tidbits below.
- (Regarding the release of Seiken Densetsu Collection:) When I thought that I wanted to release a packaged edition that compiles the first three Seiken Densetsu games, Nintendo Switch, the most suitable hardware, was announced. The platform makes it easy for users to enjoy multiplayer.
- Today’s elementary school students only know the latest high-definition graphic titles. I want parents and children to enjoy the classic Seiksen Densetsu titles together.
- The point I want you to pay attention to is the transition and connection of the series. I want you to become acquainted with these amazing games released over 20 years ago.
- The tricks from the original versions of the games were left almost as is.
- (Regarding a new title:) Of course, I would like to announce new developments on the series’ 25th anniversary.
- It’s still undecided, but there may be some sort of movement when playing Seiken Densetsu Collection.
- I want to develop the series more and more from here on. Please support us.
Seiken Densetsu Collection is due out for Switch in Japan on June 1.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.