Bandai Namco will host a month-long, hour-a-day demo version of Gundam Versus every Thursday and Saturday from June 1 to July 1 between 21:00 and 22:00 JST in Japan, the company announced.
The publisher also confirmed the game is in its final stage of development, and that work on free updates and downloadable content will begin after the game is completed.
Get all of the information below.
- When: Every Thursday and Saturday from June 1 to July 1 between 21:00 and 22:00 JST.
- How to Participate: Download the “Trial Ver.” application on the PlayStation Store. A PlayStation Plus membership is not required. If you participated in the previous closed beta test for Gundam Versus, the application can be downloaded now. If you did not, you will be able to download the application starting May 31.
- Event Content: Some Mobile Suits and modes from the full game will be playable. You will be able to try out a total of 51 Mobile Suits throughout the full schedule of events.
- Main development of Gundam Versus is currently in its final stage. After that, the development team will start work on free updates and downloadable content.
- A free update is planned for late July that will unlock ranked matches, implement additional features for Ultimate Battles, and more. Details about the update will be announced in late June.
- Additional playable Mobile Suits will be released as paid downloadable content. All additional Mobile Suits will have a Mobile Suit Development Tree.
- Mobile Suit Development Tree: As you use playable Mobile Suits in battle and raise their levels, various items will unlock based on the “Mobile Suit Development Tree” for each Mobile Suit. By spending “GP,” which is earned in battle, you can select unlocked items. Items include those that can be used in battle, such as “Strikers,” “Pilots,” and “Battle Navigators,” as well as those that can be used to appeal to other players, such as “Titles” and “Emblems.” There are also many rare items that can only be obtained through specific Mobile Suits.
- The first downloadable Mobile Suit is Gundam Barbatos Lupus, due out in late July. Pricing and other details will be announced at a later date. (Though, you can get access to him both free and on July 6 if you purchase the Premium G Sound Edition of Gundam Versus.)
Gundam Versus is due out for PlayStation 4 on July 6 in Japan, and this fall in North America and Europe.
Thanks, Games Talk.