The next game from Takeyasu Sawaki, the director and character designer of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, is The Lost Child, a turn-based RPG with command-style battles due out this summer for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It is published by Kadokawa Games.
The Lost Child is based on the world that is the mythical concept of El Shaddai. Lucifel (voiced by Ryota Takeuchi), who appeared in El Shaddai, will also appear in The Lost Child. The game is set amidst a conflict of demons in modern day Japan.
Watch the teaser trailer below. Visit the teaser website here.
Update 8:40 a.m.: More information has come in.
Magazine writer Hayato Ibuki was chasing the story of the suicide a person who jumped in front of a train in Shinjuku Station. In the middle of his pursuit, he falls onto the platform as if he was pushed by a mysterious black shadow. A mysterious, beautiful woman named Barcia (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro) saves him by the skin of his teeth, and hands him a suitcase. It was a Pandora’s Box that should not have been be opened. Inside was the “Demon Gun Gangour,” a tool that can capture and enslave demons and fallen angels. Using this ability, Hayato successfully took on his own demon subordinates. Together with a woman named Rua (voiced by Rikako Yamaguchi), who calls herself an angel, Hayato will pursue the mysteries that occur in various places and find the beautiful woman who gave him the suitcase.
- The story is connected to El Shaddai.
- Enemies are villainous creatures called “Astrals.” There are several types of them.
- During adventure parts, you’ll gather information and collect data from various places, then head into the dungeon where the Astrals await.
- You can capture and enslave demon, angel, fallen angel, etc. Astrals as allies.
- Development is 90 percent complete.
Thanks, Games Talk.