The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki on the newly announced Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura for Switch.
Get the interview tidbits below.
- HD rumble is a particularly fascinating feature of Nintendo Switch. I expect that we’ll be able to do various things that we couldn’t do with the rumble function before.
- As for what kind of things we’ll be able to do in Shinobi Refle using HD rumble, right now I’ll leave that to your imagination.
- We’re basically aiming for a pure and wholesome Senran Kagura, and our main objective is to convey the feelings of the characters through HD rumble.
- The story will be charmingly stupid. You’ll be able to enjoy a different story than before.
- As an affordably priced, download-only game, this is a concept title based on HD rumble.
- Asuka will be the only character to appear.
- Asuka’s graphics are being rebuilt from the ground up. I want to beautifully express the portrayal of light despite its anime style.
- We’re considering making use of Switch features other than HD rumble.
- Switch is considerably easy to develop for. Other than Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura, I’m also considering other titles that make use of Switch’s features.
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura will launch for Switch as a digital-only title in Japan in 2017.