The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has an interview with Megadimension Neptunia VIIR producer Naoko Mizuno, director Fumihiko Tabata, and character artist Tsunako, who provide new information about the March-announced PlayStation 4 title.
Get the tidbits below.
- PlayStation VR support was added in response user demand. It’s still an RPG, so they had to think about how to express it.
- The reason they chose Megadimension Neptunia VII as the virtual reality-supported title is because the timing was right.
- There are “VR Events” that occur during the story. You can still play these parts with just the monitor if you don’t have a PlayStation VR. A considerable volume of these events are planned.
- These newly added VR Event scenes don’t just consist of the Megadimension Neptunia VII scenario, there are also scenarios for after you clear the game.
- The game uses a new engine. They’re super-remaking it to the degree that it will seem like a different game.
- There will be more news in the May 25-released issue of Dengeki PlayStation.
Megadimension Neptunia VIIR is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan this summer.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.