The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC remaster of Lock’s Quest has been delayed from its previously planned April release window to May 30, publisher THQ Nordic announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
In this remastered version of the critically acclaimed 2008 Nintendo DS-Game, you play as Lock, a boy who stumbles upon an invasion of his Village, which triggers a wider war between Kingdom Force and a revived Clockwork Army, led by the nefarious Lord Agony. A gripping story unfolds as you progress through 75 Days of warfare, across a dozen unique maps, aided by a collection of turrets, traps and special attacks. Experience the game as it was meant to be, with a high-quality soundtrack, new high resolution portraits, and revised gameplay.
- Place Kingdom Force units to defend your capitol in a brand new Endless Mode – Antonia Defense!
- Build up your fortifications each day to defend against a timed Clockwork assault. Use dozens of Turrets, Traps and Helpers to stop the advance.
- Adapt your building and battling strategies as you access new materials and as your enemy’s intelligence evolves
- Fight alongside your defenses, using context sensitive Special Attacks, and devastating Super Attacks, which impact a wide range of enemies.
- Unlock the secrets of Kingdom Force and the Archineers via an engrossing story with a multi character cast, told via hand drawn cinematics and cut-scenes.
- New progression system automatically unlocks new turrets at specific story plot points.
- Brand new Antonia Defense Battles featuring a new map.
- All music remastered in high definition, with orchestrated introduction and ending.
- Player controls remapped for keyboard/mouse and gamepad input.
- Revamped User Interface, customized for HD resolution, including all new GUI Art.
- Character portraits refactored in High Resolution.