Bandai Namco has released first details and the second trailer for The Idolmaster: Million Live Theater Days, its March-announced Idolmaster game for smartphones.
Due out for iOS and Android in Japan in 2017, The Idolmaster: Million Live Theater Days is set in the 765 Production concert theater, where you’ll produce the idols of 765 Million Stars. There are all sorts of elements for you to get closer to the idols, such as by performing concerts on stage, doing jobs, and communicating with idols at the theater.
There are four rooms in the theater—the entrance, office, dressing room, and waiting room—all expressed with 3D visuals. You can enjoy listening to casual conversations between the idols passing time in each room, and even sometimes hear the idols talk to themselves. The theater clerk is a new character named Misaki Aoba (voiced by Chika Anzai).
For the concert parts, there are two types of concerts:
- For “Unit Concerts,” you can enjoy a concert with a unit formed of your favorite idols in 3D visuals. There are three types of music note lane amounts being prepared—-two notes, four notes, and six notes—allowing even beginners to enjoy the game. By touching the notes with good timing, you can even get “Special Appeal.” The seating situation in the theater may also change depending on the music.
- For “Solo Concerts,” which you can enjoy holding the smartphone vertically, you can choose your favorite idol to focus on and get closer to. Since the music note lane only consists of two notes, you can play with one hand.
Pre-registration for The Idolmaster: Million Live Theater Days is now available. Bandai Namco are preparing various rewards based on the amount of people that pre-register:
- 100,000 pre-registrations – “Suteki na Kiseki” music video released + Million Jewel x100
- 200,000 pre-registrations – “Precious Grain” music video released + Million Jewel x200
- 390,000 pre-registrations – Million Jewel x390
- One million pre-registrations – Highest Rarity SSR Decision Ticket
Million Jewels can be used in the Platinum Gacha, to recover your energy, and to continue when you fail a concert.
Watch the new trailer below.