Nintendo has updated the Japanese official website for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia with details on six more characters and launch day downloadable content.
Get the details below.
Python (voiced by Shinji Kawada)
Starting class: Archer.
A member of the Zophia Liberation Army. Born in a provincial town, he was invited by his childhood friend to join the military. He tends to look at the world cynically, but is unexpectedly serious and does his job without fail.
Zeke (voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue)
An unidentified knight who serves the Rigel Empire. He lost all of his memory, including his real name. After ending up in Rigel from somewhere else, his ability is recognized and he is appointed a general. He opposes Alm and company, but not just because he’s a Rigel general—there seems to be another reason.
Sonia (voiced by Rei Shimoda)
Starting class: Mage.
A female mage who guards the south side of the desert that leads to the thief Grieth’s hideout. She prevents Celica and company from passing through the desert. She is a cool and determined woman with a mature charm drifting about her. She has some sort of horrific past, but never talks about it in detail.
Masked Knight (voiced by Takuya Satou)
A mysterious man who suddenly appeared before Celica and saved her from a crisis. The true face and intentions underneath his mask are unknown. He seems to be a skilled knight, but is he really an ally, or something else…
Judah (voiced by Shuuhei Takubo)
A shaman of the Duma faith that worships Duma, the God of War. While leading the Rigel Empire’s magic army to help the Empire’s invasion of Zophia, he seems to have some other goal as he sends in subordinates to attack Celica. As is suited to his unordinary appearance, he possesses sinister and powerful magical strength.
Mila (voiced by Yoshiko Sakakibara)
The goddess who protects the Zophia Kingdom in the southern region of the continent of Valentia. The Zophia Kingdom was long kept at peace under her protection, but recently the harvest was bad, monsters appeared, and the Zophia Kingdom was invaded by the Rigel Empire. What is happening to the goddess?
■ Downloadable Content
The following content is due out alongside the game in Japan on April 20.
DLC #1: Fighter’s Journey Set (800 yen)
- Temple of the Star (400 yen separately) – Difficulty: one star. Rewards: items (any number of times) and Star Frag (random drop). It is said that various burial accessories are hidden within the temple destroyed by thieves. You may be able to obtain a lot of items.
- Villain and Treasure (300 yen separately) – Difficulty: one star. Rewards: silver coins (any number of times). Merchants whose places of business have been destroyed by thieves are in trouble. If you help, you may be able to expect a money reward.
- The Dead Don’t Sleep (300 yen separately) – Difficulty: one star. Rewards: experience points (any number of times). A monster that becomes stronger each time you defeat it seems to have appeared in the ruins. You may be able to earn a lot of experience points by fighting it.
Gift of the Goddess #1 (free)
Includes a pair of Boots that you can obtain as a gift from the goddess Mila.
Upcoming Downloadable Content
A “DLCs 1-3 Set,” including DLC #1, DLC #2, and DLC #3, is available for 4,800 yen. For those who purchased the limited edition, a “DLCs 2-3 Set” will also be available. By purchasing this, you’ll get the new content when it’s released.
- DLC #2 – Content that makes it easier to progress from the middle to the end of the game’s story. (Includes three items.)
- DLC #3 – Content for those looking to further strenghten their party. (Includes 10 items.) Content that depicts the unknown story that occurs a day prior. (Includes four items.)
Downloadable content packs #2 and #3 will be released before June 30 in Japan.
A fourth downloadable content pack, which will be a collaboration with Fire Emblem 0, is also planned.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is due out for 3DS on April 20 in Japan and May 19 in North America and Europe.
View a set of high-res character artwork at the gallery.