Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki has established his own studio within Marvelous called Honey ∞ Parade Games, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu revealed. Its first title is Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash, which is due out next week in Japan.
Famitsu has an interview with Takaki. Here are the tidbits:
- Kenichiro Takaki started up a new studio called Honey∞Parade Games. Its first title is Senrna Kagura: Peach Beach Splash.
- Since the scope of the Senran Kagura series has become so big, the department that Takaki belonged to within Marvelous was changed to its own brand.
- Rather than a studio that only makes Senran Kagura games, Takaki wants to release a variety of interesting titles.
- The studio logo features seven characters, which means to “create seven works.” Takaki has an image of those seven works in his head, but from here will solidify them with the team.
- The reason behind making Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash a water gun action game was because they realized PlayStation 4’s capabilities of making “wetting and transparency” possible. That’s the reason it’s only on PlayStation 4. It couldn’t be done on PS Vita.
- Takai wants to take on other genres if the opportunity presents itself.
- The story follows Senran Kagura: Estival Versus. Although it may be thought of as a side story, it includes important elements in advancing the series to a new story.
- PlayStation VR support is only planned for the locker room, but it won’t be added until an update after release.
- You can change the shower color in the locker rooms, but some colors such as white will be paid downloadable content. Takaki wants only gentlemen who understand the meaning to buy it.
- There will be more Senran Kagura series developments for PlayStation 4 in the future.
Famitsu also reveals launch day downloadable content for Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash in Japan.
Marvelous will release the awakened forms of Yumi, Miyabi, Asuka, and Homura, including:
- Ice King Yumi
- Abyss Miyabi
- Deep Shadow Asuka
- Crimson Lotus Homura
Each awakening form will cost 500 yen. A set including all four will cost 1,800 yen. What abilities these forms will offer is unknown.