The latest issue of Weekly Jump has new details on Dragon Quest XI, introducing the game’s battle system and latest two characters.
Get the details below.
- The PlayStation 4 version uses a “Free Movement Battle” system where you can freely move the character and viewpoint. There is also an “Auto Camera Battle” system in which you can enjoy immersive battles.
- The 3DS version has a “2D Mode” featuring familiar 2D pixel graphics, and “3D Mode” featuring 3D characters and monsters.
- Both the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions use command-based battle systems. The “Falcon Slash” and “Thwack” options can be seen in use in screenshots of the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions, respectively.
- You can preemptively strike enemies (PlayStation 4 screenshot).
- There is some sort of new element in which the protagonist is surrounded by a blue aura (PlayStation 4 screenshot).
- Two new monsters, Mandra and Ocobolt, are pictured.
- Martina – The high-spirited female martial artist. “With you, I’ll protect everyone… That is my fight!”
- Row – A mysterious old man with a white mustache. “I’ve been waiting for you all to arrive.”
Dragon Quest XI will launch for PlayStation 4 and 3DS in Japan in 2017. A Switch version is also planned. The final release date will be announced at a presentation on April 11.