Square Enix detailed some upcoming updates and downloadable content for Final Fantasy XV during an Active Time Report live stream today.
Get the information below.
- PS4 Pro Full HD 60 fps support – Not always 60 frames per second, but a maximum 60 frames per second.
- Limited time quests – Quests that you can only take on for a limited time. This time it’s Hunts, but in the future there will be different quests such as fishing.
- Level cap raised to 120 – Your experience points won’t count towards past level 99 until after the update, meaning you can’t start stocking up experience points before the update.
- Photo capacity increased from 150 to 200.
- Use the music player while riding a Chocobo.
- Chapter 13 – Enhancements to the final stages of the game, including Chapter 13. You’ll also be able to play as Gladiolus for a short period.
■ Downloadable Content
Booster Pack+ (February 21)
- Boost Sword (weapon)
- Dragon Mod (fishing rod)
- Aviol (reel)
Booster Pack (Free Version) (due out at a later date*)
- Invincible suit “Magitek Exosuit” (Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis)
*The publisher of Power Rangers pointed out that the design of the suits might be too similar, so they have been delayed to a later date in order to revise the design.
Episode: Gladiolus (March 28)
Read more here.
Episode: Prompto (June)
This episode will focus on character development.
Square Enix will host a survey for each region regarding what users want to see in future updates. Further details will be announced at a later date.
■ Free-Driving the Regalia
Free drive—the ability to drive the Regalia outside of designated roads—is currently in development. Director Hajime Tabata noted that he is experimenting with various other things that he would like to share, not in an Active Time Report, but through more casual means.
■ Platinum Demo
Platinum Demo: Final Fantasy XV will be taken off of PlayStation Network and Xbox Live on March 31. Get it while you can!
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Watch the Active Time Report below. View a trailer for the upcoming downloadable content from 10:13 to 11:10, and free drive gameplay from 50:33 to 52:16.
Update 2/7/17: Here’s a standalone version of the downloadable content trailer: