PaRappa the Rapper, Loco Roco, and Patapon are all being remastered for PlayStation 4 in 2017, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced at the PlayStation Experience 2016 keynote, the company announced.
A demo for PaRappa the Rapper will be available on the PlayStation Store today.
Watch the trailer for PaRappa the Rapper Remastered below.
Here are fact sheets for all three titles:
PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
Iconic, character-based music and hip-hop game, PaRappa The Rapper comes to a whole new generation of gamers with PlayStation 4 in PaRappa The Rapper Remastered. Developed in association with legendary multimedia musician Masaya Matsuura and famed New York artist Rodney Greenblat, the PaRappa The Rapper franchise debuted 20 years ago on PlayStation and is widely credited with establishing the music and rhythm game genre that continues to thrive today. PaRappa The Rapper Remastered updates the classic game with high res graphics providing smoother lines and textures, CD-quality sound, trophy support and new control features!
Follow PaRappa as he attempts to rap his way into the heart of his dreamy love interest, Sunny Funny, through various musical adventures revitalized with enhanced graphics for today’s high definition televisions.
- Fresh Graphics for Today’s Gamer – Powered by PS4, PaRappa and his friends come to life as never seen before with cleaned up graphics, reformatted for 16:9 televisions and rendered in 4K and 1080p.
- CD quality soundtrack – Players will bob their heads along with a soundtrack that has been digitally remastered for uncompressed audio.
- Unique Visual Style – stylish flattened animation technique combines fun and vibrant characters and a humorous storyline.
- Rhythm-based Gameplay – master the addictive rhythm, timing, and coordination-based gameplay
- New control schemes take advantage of DualShock 4 features
- “Feel the Beat”– The DualShock 4 wireless controller provides a steady metronome for each song to help the player ‘feel’ when they need PaRappa to rap in response to each character.
- “See the Beat” – The player icon enlarges when a player presses any button during a song to help give visual feedback while they’re playing.
LocoRoco Remastered is an innovative 2D platform/action game that is bouncing to PlayStation 4 system. The vibrant, thriving and lush worlds of LocoRoco have been revitalized for the modern gamer with graphics rendered in native 4K, and control schemes that take advantage of the DualShock 4 wireless controller features. Players guide the LocoRoco through more than 40 stages of slippery slopes, swinging ropes, and grassy plains – all lovingly updated to take advantage of the power of PS4 system.
Featuring the iconic characters and soundtrack of the original, LocoRoco Remastered utilizes the additional capabilities offered by DualShock 4 Wireless Controller to control the LocoRoco via “tilting or bumping” the landscape in order to help them navigate through the level and keep them out of harm’s way.
Featuring six different types of LocoRoco that include their own voices and actions, players will be enchanted by captivating music that communicates the joyous world of these LocoRoco.
- New Generation of LocoRoco – Powered by PS4 system, the edges of the LocoRoco and their worlds have been smoothed and updated in native 4K* on a 4K compatible TV and 1080p for today’s high definition televisions.
- Modern Controls – LocoRoco Remastered takes advantage of the features DualShock 4 offers; incorporating motion controls to help roll, bounce and tilt the LocoRoco through vibrantly animated worlds.
- Music – The captivating, light-hearted original songs that communicate the joyous world of the LocoRoco.
- Morph to the Environment – Stay round to roll, become slim to squeeze through narrow passages, and shake into smaller LocoRoco to collectively pass through small crevasses and paths. Eat flowers and bugs to increase the size and quantity of LocoRoco and to gain access to secret areas and hidden rewards.
- Six Different Types of LocoRoco – Each with unique voices and actions.
- Over 40 Stages of lush living landscapes – Roll across grassy plains and slippery slopes. Bounce and balance on teetering platforms. Get swept through the sky and soar through twisty loops.
Patapon is an innovative, rhythm-based 2D platform/action game marching to PlayStation 4 with revitalized graphics output in 4K resolution and 1080p. An iconic PlayStation game, players are tasked with leading the colorful Patapons, a brave and noble tribe, through a series of epic battles against opposing armies and gigantic monsters. In a distinct gameplay twist, action and rhythm are intertwined as players utilize drumbeats to march, attack, and defend, ultimately leading the Patapon tribe to victory.
For years the Patapon tribe has lived in the desolate frontier, driven from their home by the evil Zigoton army. Behind the Patapons’ cute exterior, lies a fierce warrior spirit that can only be commanded by the beat of their God’s war drum. They wait for the day that the “Almighty” will return, to lead them against their enemies and bring them back to their homeland. Finally, their wait has come to an end as the drums of war are heard once again.
- 2160p Resolution – 4K and 1080p resolution offer the smoothest lines and textures possible for output to modern televisions.
- Rhythm and Action Collide – Master up to six different drumbeats to command the Patapon troops to march, attack, defend, power up, retreat, and use magic. Combine the various chains of drumbeats to address each unique level, leading the Patapons to victory over the Zigoton enemy forces.
- Strategic Gaming – Patapon delivers a strong element of strategy by requiring players to properly customize and build up the Patapon army, arm each soldier with particular weapons and armor, and position them correctly for battle.
- Mission Variety – Take part in more than 30 specific missions including hunting, escort, and boss battles, and explore numerous vivid environments along the way. Players will discover and access more than 100 items and weapons throughout the adventure.
- Mini-Games – Five music-based mini-games allow players to earn bonuses and upgrades to further customize the Patapon warriors.
- Music – Captivating and dramatic original music builds dynamically as players march and encounter enemy battles throughout each level.