Birthdays the Beginning will launch both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and for PC via Steam on March 7 in North America and March 10 in Europe, publisher NIS America announced. It will contain English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish in-game text.
In Japan, the game is due out on January 19.
- Birthdays the Beginning for PlayStation 4
- World Guide
- “Avatar” Plush (approx. 7.25″ tall)
- Navi Charm
- Collector’s Box
- Mystery Item (TBA)
As of press time, NIS America is currently live streaming the English version of the game with creator Yasuhiro Wada. Wada will host a Reddit AMA following the live stream, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. PT.
Here’s an overview of the game, via NIS America:
From the creator of Harvest Moon, Mr. Yasuhiro Wada (Toybox Inc.), comes Birthdays the Beginning: a new sandbox game in which players create cube-shaped worlds that give rise to diverse and unique lifeforms. With careful experimentation, players can shape the geography and alter the temperature of each world to create the conditions for life and witness the birth of an entire ecosystem!
- A World All Your Own – Create any world you can imagine! From staggering mountains and sprawling forests to a deep sea dotted with islands, there’s no limit to your creations.
- Life from the Beginning – Discover the history of everything as you foster life of all shapes and sizes – from single-celled organisms to complex multicellular life, including plants, mammals, dinosaurs, and more!
- Cultivate Your Imagination – Imagine, Experiment, Create! Shape your planet and decide how plant and animal life evolves. No two planets will ever be truly alike.