The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has first details on Star Ocean: Anamnesis, Square Enix’s newly announced Star Ocean game for smartphones.
Star Ocean: Anamnesis is in development at tri-Ace and music is being handled by Motoi Sakuraba. Users will be able to enjoy the series’ traditional real-time 3D action battle system in high-definition graphics, including four-player multiplayer battles. Battles promise to be intuitive with actions such as swipe to move and flick to evade.
Various characters from across the Star Ocean series will appear. Even characters you couldn’t control in previous games will be playable. Confirmed so far include:
- Star Ocean 5 – Fidel, Miki
- Star Ocean 4 – Reimi, Shimada
- Star Ocean 3 – Cliff, Nel
- Star Ocean 2 – Rena
- Star Ocean 1 – Roddick
Weekly Famitsu also has a look at two new characters:
- Ivlish (voiced by Sumire Uesaka) – A girl encountered by memory loss after barely managing to reach a planet following the failure of her hyperspace warp drive.
- Coro (voiced by Ryusei Nakao) – An AI robot who handles warship operations. Even though he’s a robot, he is full of emotion and can run wild.
Square Enix is planning a pre-registration campaign for the game. If it achieves over 100,000 registrations, a Valkyrie Profile character will join the game, and if it achieves over 200,000, series synthesizer Welch will join the game.