Messhof has announced Nidhogg 2, a sequel to the 2014-released side-scroller Nidhogg. It is due out for PC and “maybe some other platforms” in 2017.
Here’s a list of some of the things you can expect, via Messhof:
- Completely overhauled detailed environments and animations
- 10+ levels of fencing goodness
- Local and online multiplayer and tournament mode
- Play single-player against a series of AI opponents with occasional special challenge rounds
- New soundtrack featuring music by Mux Mool, Dose One, Daedelus and more!
- Even more stuff we’ll talk about soon…
Nidhogg 2 will be playable in the Indie District at TwitchCon, which runs from September 30 to October 2 in San Diego. An Indie Stage live stream will provide a first look on October 1 at 5:15 p.m. PT.
Watch the teaser trailer below. Visit the official website here.