The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new details on Granblue Fantasy: Project Re: Link, which was confirmed as launching for PlayStation 4 in Japan in 2018 at the 2016 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan today.
Get the new information below.
- Re: Link follows a story set after the heroes of the smartphone game finish up with Phantagrande.
- Although the last island of Phantagrande has appeared and the story of a new Skydom is depicted in the September update of the smartphone game, Re: Link will tell the story of a different Skydom.
- There are no major changes regarding other settings.
- Many characters from the Crew in the smartphone game will appear. You’ll progress through the story while controlling these characters.
- They’re still planning how to link the PlayStation 4 game with the smartphone game.
- They can’t share any details yet, but the idea is for various things to happen in the PlayStation 4 game if you play the smartphone game, and vice-versa.
- The character shown in the latest trailer is a key figure of the story. She looks similar to Djeeta, but is actually a different person.
- The genre is an action RPG. PlayStation VR support is under consideration.
- Right now the game’s single-player parts are being made, but they’re also thinking about a multiplayer story.
- As for multiplayer, they’re planning to put in a mode in which a number of players advance the story together, and a mode where players take down huge monsters together.
If you missed it, catch today’s new trailer here.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.