The Huntsman: Winter’s Curse, Desert Owl Games’ adventure RPG with collectible card game elements set in the world of Universal Studios’ The Huntsman: Winter’s War, will launch for PlayStation 4 next Tuesday, August 16 in North America and the following Tuesday, August 23 in Europe, the studio announced.
The game, which is already available on PC via Steam, follows a courageous young woman named Elisabeth as she tries to uncover the whereabouts of her missing brothers. Players will lead the narrative through choose-your-own-adventure-style decision making, and battle against creatures, sorcerers, and evil men in a turn-based active-time combat system.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Winter is fast approaching as Queen Freya’s army marches relentlessly on the White Lands. Beneath the shadow of that deadly war Elisabeth’s quiet life on her family’s farm in Vardhelm comes to an abrupt end as she embarks on a journey of her own. Join her on a quest to find her missing brothers as you explore an expanded Huntsman universe, one where you’ll encounter both familiar faces and new dangers, all while discovering the secret Elisabeth herself unknowingly carries.
- Meet Elisabeth: Determined and optimistic, Elisabeth believes in fairy tales and happy endings–and is skilled enough with a sword to make them come true.
- Meet Marcus: A staunch ally with unusual magic, Marcus’ path seems entwined with Elisabeth’s–yet he hides secrets of his own that might endanger all Elisabeth fights for.
- Participate in An Interactive Story: Play through an immersive and interactive story filled with suspense and mystery.
- A Distinct Visual Style: Explore the world of Snow White and the Huntsman brought to life via a distinctive hand-drawn macabre style with character designs by Abigail Larson.
- Engage in Strategic Combat: Engage with wisps, goblins, trolls and more via a strategic and visually appealing combat system.
- Lead Your Character’s Progression: Earn new equipment and select new abilities for your characters throughout the journey.
Watch the launch trailer below.