Ubisoft has shared new details, video, and screenshots of For Honor, including information about the game’s limited edition, playable roster, multiplayer modes, and when the closed alpha test will run.
The Collector’s Case limited edition, which is available exclusively on the Uplay Shop, includes the following:
- For Honor Gold Edition: the base game, the Digital Deluxe Pack from the Deluxe Edition, and the full Season Pass
- An exclusive Collector’s Box
- Three 1/3 scale, full metal warrior helmets on wooden stands representing the Knights, the Vikings and the Samurai
- An exclusive lithography
- The game’s original soundtrack
Consumers who pre-order For Honor will receive the “Legacy Battle Pack,” which includes three Hero outfits embodying the spirit of each faction. These three armor styles are exclusive to the Legacy Battle Pack and are wearable by the Warden, Raider, and Kensei Heroes.
As for For Honor‘s playable roster of Heroes, the Knight, Viking, and Samurai legacies will each feature four elite warriors, each with their own set of skills, weapons, armor, and fighting style. The four Hero types include:
- Vanguards are well-balanced Heroes, with good attack, and defense capabilities and great versatility.
- Assassins are swift and lethal characters, great duelists with very good offense
- Heavies are the most resistant Heroes, their attacks are slow but deadly. They’re especially efficient for defending a point and annihilating AI enemies.
- Hybrids mix elements and characteristics of other types. They are advanced characters fostering uncommon tactics.
There is also a wide variety of customization options. At the end of each multiplayer match and campaign mission, players are awarded XP that unlocks new combat abilities and visual customization options. They also have the chance to loot armor and weapon parts on the battlefield, with specific stats allowing each player to adapt their gear to their play style while ensuring fairness and balance in multiplayer.
For Honor‘s multiplayer modes can be played with and against other players or bots in split-screen co-op on consoles, as well as online. They include:
- Dominion is a 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It’s a mode that relies upon skill, communication and teamwork.
- Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy Heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation and the capacity to use the environment to the player’s advantage are key components.
- Duel 1v1 puts two Heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel of course, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.
- Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match like mode. Combat skills are key in this mode as players score points for their team by killing enemy Heroes.
- Elimination: In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.
The closed alpha test for For Honor will run from September 15 to 18.
For Honor is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 14.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.