Bandai Namco has released the first direct-feed screenshots and details for Macross Delta Scramble, its newly announced PS Vita flight action shooting game developed by Artdink.
Get the details below.
■ Game Flow: Missions
Through Missions, you will be able to fly about the Brisingr Globular Cluster which Macross Delta is set and relive the first half of the TV anime (up until episode 13).
Main Missions are made up of situations from the Macross Delta TV anime, where you can intervene with a team that you put together.
These are difficult missions where you take on special assignments that go beyond the boundaries of the TV anime.
During Briefings, you will receive a simple explanation of the mission.
In the Settings, you can set your player character and Variable Fighter, support units, etc.
Battles are 3D action shooting segments where missiles fly about all over the field.
Events will spring forth during battle. Perhaps allies and formidable enemies will appear?
Clearing a Mission
By clearing a mission, you’ll obtain money and experience points.
■ Three Transformations
You can freely transform your Variable Fighter between three modes: Fighter Mode to quickly approach the enemy, Gerwalk Mode to deal great damage, and Battroid Mode to fire at enemies all at once.
Quickly approach enemy forces with exceptional speed. Fighter Mode is good for striking the first blow.
This mode’s job is close combat. Battroid Mode is good for missile-based counterattacks and melee combat.
Eliminate enemy forces and facilities while still in the air. Gerwalk Mode exhibits its maximum firepower when shooting from a fixed location.
■ Songs and Action Unite
Enjoy a fusion of songs and action. When you activate a songstress skill, the screen will become more and more showy. You can freely set the anime music that will play in the background of mission battles, too.
■ Support Unit System
In addition to songstresses and pilots from Macross Delta, there will also be songstresses and pilots from across the Macross series, with whom players can form a support unit of up to five characters. Of course, that includes the tactical sound unit “Walkure”:
- Kaname Buccaneer (voiced by Kiyono Yasuno)
- Freyja Wion (voiced by Minori Suzuki)
- Reina Prowler (voiced by Nao Toyama)
- Mikumo Guynemer (voiced by Ami Koshimizu)
- Makina Nakajima (voiced by Nozomi Nishida)
■ Anime Songs
20 songs from the TV anime are included with the 6,100 yen standard edition of Macross Delta Scramble, which are available to play in the background of mission battles. Here are 10 of them:
- “Ichido Dake no Koi Nara” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Koi! Halation The War” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Ikenai Borderline” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Bokura no Senjou” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Zettai Reido Theta Novatic” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Koi Obaeteimasuka” by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- “Iteza Gogo Kuji (Don’t Be Late)” by May’n (Macross F)
- “Seikan Hikou” by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- “Universal Bunny” by May’n (Macross F: Itsuwari no Utahime)
- “Houkago Overflow” by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
■ Run Pika Sound Edition Songs
The 9,000 yen “Run Pika Sound Edition” of Macross Delta Scramble includes 30 additional songs. Here are 18 of them:
- “Run ga Pikatto Hikattara” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Giritic Beginner” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Fukaku Teisei Cosmic Movement” by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- “Dog Fighter” (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- “Watashi no Kare ha Pilot” by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- “0-G Love” by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- “Macross” by Makoto Fujiwara (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- “Shao Pai Long” by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- “Tenshi no Enogu” by Mari Iijima (Macross: Do You Remember Love?)
- “Tri-Angler fight on stage” by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- “Lion” by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- “Infinity #7” by May’n (Macross F)
- “Northern Cross” by May’n (Macross F)
- “Anata no Oto” by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- “Obelisk” by May’n (Macross F: Itsuwari no Utahime)
- “Niji Iro Kumakuma” by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
- “Get it on ~Kousoku Cry Max” by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
- “Sayonara Notsubasa ~the end of triangle” by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
■ Characters: Delta Squad
Mecha: VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate)
Pilot: Hayate Immelman (voiced by Yuma Uchida)
Mecha: VF-31C Siegfried (Mirage)
Pilot: Mirage Farina Jenius (voiced by Asami Seto)
Mecha: VF-31F Siegfried (Messer)
Pilot: Messer Ihlefeld (voiced by Koki Uchiyama)
Mecha: VF-31S Siegfried (Arad)
Pilot: Arad Molders (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa)
Mecha: VF-31E Siegfried (Chuck)
Pilot: Chuck Mustang (voiced by Shinji Kawada)
Mecha: VF-1S Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijyo)
Pilot: Hikaru Ichijyo (voiced by Kenji Nojima)
Songstress: Lynn Minmay (voiced by Mari Iijima)
Mecha: VF-25 Messiah (Alto)
Pilot: Alto Saotome (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
Songstress: Sheryl Nome (voiced by Aya Endo), Ranka Lee (voiced by Megumi Nakajima)
■ First-Print Bonus
First-print copies of Macross Delta Scramble will include a product code to download the “VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate)” Marking Valkyrie “Ver. Freyja.”
Macross Delta Scramble is due out for PS Vita in Japan on October 20.
View the screenshots at the gallery.