Evolve, the four-versus-one first-person shooter from 2K Games and Turtle Rock Studios, will go free-to-play on PC as a beta starting tomorrow, July 7, the developer announced. “Should it prove successful,” the intent is also to make it free-to-play on consoles.
Many more updates to the game are planned following the free-to-play release, including:
- Hunter class reworkings to make the team less reliant on having experienced trappers and medics.
- Improvements to the maps and UI.
- Improving load times, overall performance, and getting into the game faster.
- Improving stability and fixing bugs.
- Completely reworking progression system and tutorials.
- More customization options.
Read more about tomorrow’s free-to-play release here.