Titanfall 2 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 28, Electronic Arts announced during its EA Play 2016 press conference. A “multiplayer technical test” is also planned before launch.
A $79.99 Deluxe Edition will include instant access to exclusive Warpaints and Nose Arts, two camouflages, and more. A $244.99 Vanguard Collector’s Edition will include:
- Includes Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition
- Dog Tag Flash Drive: A Pilot’s secrets must be carefully guarded, and what better way to keep them close than to store them inside your dog tag. This 8GB USB custom flash drive cleverly retracts into the dog tag on an 18″ metallic ball chain.
- Pilot SRS Field Journal: An essential accessory for every Pilot, the field journal is 3″ x 4.5″ and features an aluminum case, pen and Vanguard Squad logo.
- Titanfall 2 Vanguard Pilot Helmet Replica: The iconic Titanfall Pilot helmet has been brought to life in this 1:1 full scale replica. Featuring mixed material elements, the helmet includes a battery operated blue light-up translucent faceplate, blue status/task light, functional tactical ARC rail system/an adjustable interior head strap and display stand. Tactical Helmet Accessories: A tactical spotlight and targeting laser sight. These two battery operated helmet accessories are designed to be mounted on the ARC rail system of the helmet. Independently operated, the functional mounted spotlight will light up the night and the simulated laser sight features a super-bright non-projected red LED.
- Squad Morale Patches and Vanguard Shemagh Scarf: Proudly display your squad affiliation with two morale patches, Macallan’s Marauders and Ion, with male Velcro-style hook backing to secure onto loop patches of helmets, uniforms, tactical vests, and backpacks. The Vanguard Shemagh Scarf is designed to protect a Pilot’s head and neck from the sun and blowing sand of harsh alien environments. The Vanguard Scarf measures 42″ x 42″ and features an original custom designed Titanfall pattern, making it an essential multi-use travel tool for every Pilot in your squad.
Unlike its predecessor, Titanfall 2 will feature a full single-player campaign “crafted to dive deeper into the Titanfall universe,” exploring the “unique bond” between pilot and titan, and taking full advantage of movement and combat to “deliver a feeling of being unstoppable together.”
Here’s an overview, via EA:
In single player, Titanfall 2 will deliver a crafted experience that explores the unique bond between man and machine. Playable offline, the single player campaign in Titanfall 2 will let fans step out onto The Frontier as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming an elite Pilot. Stranded behind enemy lines and facing overwhelming odds, players must team up with a veteran Titan to uphold a mission they were never meant to carry out.
In multiplayer, Respawn is continuing to evolve their best-in-class gameplay to provide a more robust experience that delivers expanded depth and variety that includes six new Titans, deeper Pilot abilities, more customization options, and a robust progression system that is sure to satisfy fans.
Watch a pair of new trailers below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.