Persona 5 will launch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in the Americas on February 14, Atlus announced. It will only feature English audio.
The game will be available in two special editions:
SteelBook Launch Edition
The PlayStation 4 version will be available in a $59.99 / CA$79.99 SteelBook Launch Edition, which is available only to pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition
A PlayStation 4-only “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition will be available for $89.99 / CA$109.99. It includes:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in Atlus’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Here’s an overview of Persona 5, via Atlus:
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities, and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”; the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and using it to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern society wears.
View the box art and high-res special editions at the gallery.