Natsume is bringing Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun SP: Rantou Kyousoukyoku to 3DS in North America this summer as River City: Tokyo Rumble, the publisher announced.
Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun SP originally launched for 3DS in Japan in August 2013. It is a side-scrolling beat ’em up part of the long-running series of Kunio-kun games, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year.
Here’s the rundown, via Natsume:
River City: Tokyo Rumble follows the story of a hot-blooded high school student named Kunio and his good friends. When a nefarious gang moves into Tokyo to try to take it over, it’s up to this self-proclaimed “fighter for justice” and his buddies to make sure the streets stay safe!
Punch, kick, use weapons such as soccer balls, iron knuckles, chains, and even bicycles to knock some sense into those devious gang members. Take on jobs, level up your abilities, and don’t forget to stop on occasion for a snack or two at the local food joints. Luckily, smiles are free!
- Play as Kunio, Riki, and other famous fighters from the River City series!
- Take on jobs to earn extra cash, special moves, and more!
- Take a break from the main story to fight in a 4-man Rumble or dodgeball match!
- Take on your friends using Local Play and Download Play!
- Unlock new characters, stages, and songs as you progress through the game!
River City: Tokyo Rumble will be playable at E3 in Los Angeles from June 14 to 16.