BlazBlue: Central Fiction, the latest entry in Arc System Works’ BlazBlue fighting game series, is coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
The magazine has a 10-page feature on the console port, featuring information on new character Es from Xblaze and an interview with producer Toshimichi Mori.
When it comes west, an Xbox One version of BlazBlue: Central Fiction is likely also planned. At least, that much leaked via ratings back in January.
BlazBlue: Central Fiction offers a number of updates, including new game modes “Speed Star Mode” and “Alliance Mode,” new fighting mechanics “Exceed Accel” and “Active Flow,” and new playable characters Hibiki Kohaku, Naoto Kurogane, Nine the Phantom, Hades Izanami, and the today-confirmed Es. Read more at the BlazBlue Wikia.
Update 7:45 a.m.: A few new details have surfaced. BlazBlue: Central Fiction is due out for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan this fall.
There are various modes unique to the home console version, including:
- Speed Star Mode – The built-in mode from the arcade version. Compete for the highest number of enemies defeated within the time limit.
- Training Mode.
- Score Attack Mode – Compete for the high score by clearing 10 high difficulty battles.
- Network Battle Mode.
The Arcade Mode featuring short stories for each characters will be there in addition to a home console-original Story Mode featuring a grand-scale story.
As mentioned before the update, Es from Xblaze will be a playable character. She is a hearty fighter that wields a large sword.
Here are some tidbits from the interview with producer Toshimichi Mori:
- We’re drawing the line regarding the story with this game. The story of protagonist Ragna will reach a single conclusion.
- The volume is about 1.3 times the previous game. Everything is newly written. The play time should amount to dozens of hours.
- You might get a bit of a different impression of Es compared to her in Xblaze.
- The popular Abyss Mode is being developed with specialty staff in order to further enhance it.
- Network Mode will have the same Ranked Matches, Player Matches, and Online Lobbies of the previous game. Please wait for further information.
Development is currently 70 percent complete.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.