The Japanese field test for Pokemon GO has begun, and with it, a variety of new information and character creation footage has leaked.
- Players will create and customize their own character. You can join three teams: Red, Blue, and Yellow.
- There are no wild Pokemon battles. To catch a Pokemon, touch the Poke Ball with the touch screen and throw it.
- Pokemon have natures: Stoic, Assassin, Guardian, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion.
- Pokemon have CP values. It is not yet known that this means, but there is speculation that it might be “Capture Points.” The higher the Capture Points, the more difficult it is to capture.
- There are normal, legendary, and mythical Pokemon. All Pokemon types, including Fairy, are present in the game.
- You evolve Pokemon via Evolution Shards obtained from wild Pokemon. Once you obtain enough Shards, you’ll receive an Evolution Stone.
- There doesn’t appear to be status ailments like paralysis and burn since all moves in the game cause damage.
- There are 137 movements programmed into the game, as well as 95 “fast” versions of those movements.
- There are seven categories of items in the game: Poke Balls, Potions, Revives, Battle Items, Food, and Camera. The field test only features the following items: Poke Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max potion, Max Revive, X Attack, X Defense, X Miracle, Razz Berry, Bluk Berry, Nanab Berry, Wepear Berry, Pinap Berry and Special Camera.
- During gym battles, it seems that Pokemon only have two moves. Each gym will have a level of prestige. You’ll get points in the gym, but their purpose is unknown.
- The following rankings exist: Novice (level 5), Trainer (level 10), Leader (level 25), and Professor (level 50). By the time you reach level 50, you can store up to 500 Pokemon and 1,000 items.
- Medals will function as achievements, and will be awarded to you when you’ve captured a certain number of Pokemon, walked a certain amount of steps, participated in a certain amount of gym battles, etc.
- You can buy packages including items and gems with real-world money.
- There will be a day-night cycle.
- The Android version is 47.97 MB. There are references to Google Cardboard within the game data.
- The field test only features the first generation of Pokemon and does not give players a starter Pokemon. There is no indication of Mega Evolutions yet.
Watch the footage below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.