Bandai Namco has released a free update for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force for PS Vita in Japan, adding six new Mobile SUits, a new “Course Battle Mode,” and more.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force is now available in Japan and is coming to North America and Europe in 2016.
Get the update video overview and details below.
New Playable Mobile Suits
- Mack Knife from Gundam Reconguista in G (2000 Cost, piloted by Mask)
- Gundam Physalis from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (2500 Cost, piloted by Anavel Gato)
- Master Gundam from Mobile Fighter G Gundam (3000 Cost, piloted by Master Asia)
- Turn X from Turn-A Gundam (3000 Cost, piloted by Gym Ghingham)
- Strike Freedom Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (3000 Cost, piloted by Kira Yamato)
- 00 Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (3000 Cost, piloted by Setsuna F. Seiei)
Course Battle Mode
Course Battle Mode is an offline, one-player mode that lets players select a course from a number of courses with different difficulties and fight against the CPU in a Cost Battle Mission. You’ll find Course Battle Mode in the Extend menu, and can set the degree of difficulty, timer, and more.
There are a total of eight courses (A to H) and 73 missions. The mission number and difficulty changes based on the course, and the H course is a boss rush challenge. All of the Mobile SUits playable in Extreme Force Mode are playable in Course Battle Mode.
By clearing courses, you can earn GP for use in Extreme Force Mode.
Custom Button Configuration
Assign custom button configurations to the game based on whether you’re playing “Extreme Force Mode” and “Extend” (Free Battle, Course Battle). You can even configure the select buttons, left-side screen touch, and right-side screen touch. Or, if you’re using a PlayStation TV, you can configure the L2 and R2 buttons.
Free Battle Ver 1.01 Update
A screen now appears before battles.
Extreme Force Mode Added Element
After you clear a mission, you can now freely select a Mobile Suit to challenge the mission again.