Degica is bringing Agatstuma Entertainment’s 3DS side-scroller Code of Princess to PC via Steam in April, the company announced.
Here’s a summary, via the game’s Steam page:
Code of Princess offers players an exciting yet unconventional hardcore experience, deftly blending combo-heavy fighting gameplay with components from classic arcade side-scrolling beat ‘em ups and the character development and customization of an RPG.
Fans of action will savor the game’s combat, which is loaded with satisfying chain attacks and plenty of depth—both in terms of attack options and also quite literally in the sense that battlefields employ a three-plane design, letting players move forward and back tactically. Fans of RPGs will relish the ability to level and improve their characters, converting their gained experience into boosts for the stats that best suit their play-style and tactics. This appealing amalgam of game mechanics is wrapped in a beautiful package, boasting lovingly rendered and animated characters and eye-catching flurries of punches and kicks. With something for virtually every kind of hardcore gamer and with an esteemed pedigree to draw upon, Code of Princess is certain to be one of the most anticipated games of the year, developed by industry veterans.
- Unlock 4 characters to battle your way through Campaign mode and even more characters to use in additional modes!
- RPG stats let you decide how your characters will develop and collectible and equipable items let you improvise!
- Float like a butterfly with fighting combos and the Plane system and sting like a bee with the damage doubling Lock-on and Burst systems!
- Online cooperative play for when you’re feeling friendly and Online versus play for when you’re not!
- Developed by industry veterans and illustrated by Kinu Nishimura of Capcom fame!
Watch the announcement trailer below.