Kalypso Media is bringing Daedalic Entertainment’s turn-based tactical RPG Blackguards to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this summer as Blackguards: Definitive Edition, the publisher announced.
The Definitive Edition if the dark fantasy RPG includes the “Untold Legends” downloadable content released for the PC version, which adds new weapons, battle maps, and quests.
In Blackguards, players take on the role of an outlaw falsely accused of murder. You set of for Ascania, home tos lave traders and poisoners, to take revenge on those who betrayed you. You’re accompanied by a group of shady adventurers with questionable motives and pasts. But that turns out to be the least of your problems when Ascania falls under the shadow of the Nameless God.
Get the fact sheet for Blackguards: Definitive Edition below.
You are an outlaw. Falsely accused of murder, you set out for Ascania – home to slave traders and poisoners, to take revenge on those who betrayed you. Accompanying you is a group of shady adventurers with questionable motives and even more questionable pasts. Yet dark intrigue and bloodthirsty head hunters turn out to be the least of your problems as Ascania falls beneath the shadow of the Nameless God. Make no mistake – unimaginable challenges lie in wait…
Blackguards – Definitive Edition is a turn-based tactical role playing game that draws you into a doomed, rugged fantasy world, where the only hope for salvation lies in the hands of outsiders and criminals. No matter what you decide, you will not make it through Blackguards – Definitive Edition without getting blood on your hands.
Play as a warrior, mage, or hunter and create your ideal character. Draw upon a wide selection of skills and spells to defend yourself again adversaries. Experience a story of intrigue, betrayal, and shocking twists in the challenging campaign. Who can you trust, if you don’t even trust yourself?
- Strategically demanding – More than 180 unique Battle Maps keep your tactical skills sharp with new challenges. With 40 special skills and over 90 spells, you decide how to dominate the battlefield.
- Turn-based strategy meets RPG – A complex combat system facilitates tactical and immersive battles with interactive objects and traps.
- Questionable companions – Criminals, murderers and addicts will accompany you on your quest. But don’t worry – you’ll fit right in with the seven playable and customizable characters.
- An epic story – Murder and treachery are a fact of life in the world of Blackguards. Your decisions have far-reaching consequences both for your group of ‘heroes’ and the fate of the entire world.
- More than 60 hours play time – Countless main and side quests provide variety and ensure there’s never a dull moment.
- Exotic locations – Discover the most remote corners of Aventuria and become enchanted by the idyllic, hand-drawn scenery.
- Exclusive content – The Definitive Edition includes the “Untold Legends” DLC which sheds light on the dark past of a Blackguards character and also comes with new weapons, battle maps, quests and music