Focus Home Interactive and Enigami have released a new set of Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom screenshots introducing the game’s playable characters.
In Shiness, players will travel through an enchanting but hostile world where the lands of Mahera have become fragmented. The cast includes:
- Chado – The main character. A young and adventurous Waki able to communicate with a spirit from nature, the Shiness, and who masters the element of Earth.
- Poky – An engineering genius able to repair anything mechanical, who is able to manipulate magnetic fields and electrical currents.
- Kayenne – A powerful Shelk warrior, who harnesses the psychic gif of Telekinesis; with this power, he may interact with the environment remotely, or paralyze enemies in battle.
- Askel – A fearsome mercenary, whose whip is destructive in combat, but is also useful during exploration to retrieve items normally out of reach.
- Rosalya – She uses the Fire element to disperse darkness, reveal hidden items or enemies, or inflict heavy damage during combat.
In a press release, Focus Home Interactive explains: “Complementarity between the members of your team will play an important role, as much during exploration as in the dynamic, 1 versus 1 combats of Shiness. Once in the arena, it’s up to you to adopt the best timing for chain punches, kicks, magic attacks and destructive combos. During these duels, your companions can intervene to replace the lead fighter, or help them when required. Task your teammates with healing you when your health is down or to cast a spell to boost your strength at the start of every fight, and wisely use the Elemental affinities of each characters to weaken your enemies.”
Shiness is due out in 2016.
View the screenshots at the gallery.