Square Enix has released an infographic detailing the 11 legacy characters of Final Fantasy Explorers.
During battle, while in Trance Mode, players can harness the power of legacy Final Fantasy characters and utilize their ultimate attacks. Players can unlock the characters by speaking to the local town moogles for rare quests that reward special character magicites, which you can equip at the town’s central crystal.
The 11 legacy characters include:
- Cecil (Final Fantasy IV): Special Move: Soul Shift) – Slam foes with darkness, before slashing them with a cross of light.
- Bartz (Final Fantasy V): Special Move: Master Mime – A powerful combo that changes elements with each blow.
- Terra (Final Fantasy VI): Special Move: Riot Blade – Fire a blast of magic in the form of sharp blades.
- Cloud (Final Fantasy VII): Special Move: Omnislash – Cleve enemies with a bliding flurry of slashes.
- Tifa (Final Fantasy VII): Special Move: Final Heaven) – Concentrate a mass power of light for a powerful explosive punch.
- Aerith (Final Fantasy VII): Special Move: Great Gospel – Completely heals all allies HHP and status ailments.
- Squall (Final Fantasy VIII): Special Move: Lion Heart – Use a unique blade to deliver a glorious combo.
- Tidus (Final Fantasy X): Special Move; Blitz Ace) – Deliver a flurry of attacks before a dazzling final strike.
- Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2): Special Move: Great Whirl – A powerful non-elemental attack inflicting multiple hits.
- Vaan (Final Fantasy XII): Special Move: Luminescence – Launch beams of light from an energy sphere.
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII): Special Move: Gestalt Drive – A powerful combo that pumps bullets into foes before you charge in and finish them.
Final Fantasy Explorers will launch for 3DS in North America on January 26 and in Europe on January 29. A collector’s edition will also be available.
Watch a video of Trance Mode in action below.