Square Enix has released an infographic detailing the 12 eidolons (summon beasts) of Final Fantasy Explorers.
Players will be able to battle the 12 formidable eidolons solo or in a party of up to four players. Once its defeated, the player is granted the ability to summon the eidolon while in Trance Mode, a temporary ability where players can also transform into other characters from the Final Fantasy series. After completing the main story, “abberant versions” of each eidolon that are tougher than their original counterparts and feature a different design will also be available to battle.
The 12 eidolons consist of:
- Bahamut (Final Fantasy) – Bahamut, the King of Dragons, is the only eidolon to appear in every game in the series.
- Dryad (Final Fantasy Explorers) – The flower-like eidolon’s attacks inflict a cornucopia of status ailments.
- Phoenix (Final Fantasy V) – Spreading its mighty wings, Phoenix unleashes a storm of fireballs to destroy explorers.
- Diablos (Final Fantasy VIII) – Diablos uses many attacks that manipulate space and time, especially those that control gravity.
- Shiva (Final Fantasy III) – Shiva is the classic ice-based eidolon. Those close by risk being frozen by her aura.
- Odin (Final Fantasy III) – Odin rides into battle on his trust steed Sleipnir, and cleaves enemies in half with his lethal “Zantetsuken” ability.
- Ifrit (Final Fantasy III) – Ifrit, the fire-based eidolon, powers into his opponents, unleashing his ultimate attack “Hellfire” on his enemies.
- Leviathan (Final Fantasy II) – Leviathan, the rule of the sea, is fought in the ocean, emerging from the waves in ambush.
- Amaterasu (Final Fantasy Explorers) – An entity shrouded in mystery, seven magical swords float ready for battle on its back.
- Fenrir (Final Fantasy VI) – The bestial eidolon uses vicious melee attacks, running down its prey with charges from all directions.
- Ramuh (Final Fantasy III) – Ramuh, the thunder and lightning-based eidolon, uses a variety of attack patterns to confound players.
- Alexander (Final Fantasy VI) – Alexander resembles a gigantic fortress, using its massive body to create earth shaking tremors.
Final Fantasy Explorers will launch for 3DS in North America on January 26 and in Europe on January 29. A collector’s edition will also be available.