Beyond: Two Souls will launch for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store on November 24 in North America and November 26 in Europe for $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99, Sony Computer Entertainment announced.
Heavy Rain will launch for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store on March 1 in North America and March 2 in Europe. Users who purchase Beyond: Two Souls will be entitled to a discount on Heavy Rain when it launches.
In Europe, a Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls collection will also be available at retail on March 2 (or March 4 in the U.K.).
Here are some details about the PlayStation 4 version of Beyond: Two Souls:
Players will have another chance to experience the story of Jodie Holmes (played, excellently, by Ellen Page), a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through her psychic link to an invisible entity. Holmes’ journey is intertwined with the complex Dr. Dawkins (brought to life by the inimitable Willem Dafoe), on PS4.
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order — a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
Watch the launch trailer below.