Sony Computer Entertainment and Alienation / Resogun developer Housemarque announced MatterFall, a new one-to-two-player action game for PlayStation 4, during Sony’s Paris Games Week press conference.
Here’s an outline of the game, via the PlayStation Blog:
MatterFall follows an unexpected hero fighting for survival on a ravished sci-fi world infected by a mysterious and deadly alien material known only as “Smart Matter.”
Using agility and powerful weaponry you must explore this new world and utilize your own control over the Smart Matter to uncover the mystery of this new threat and save the day before it threatens the very existence of the human race.
Expect over-the-top action through a vivid sci-fi world and all the addictive, lightning-fast arcade gameplay that you would expect from our friends at Housemarque, the veteran team behind PlayStation classics Resogun, Dead Nation, and Super Stardust.
Get the announcement trailer and fact sheet below.
MatterFall… Use extreme agility and high powered weapons to blast enemies and make-orbreak the world itself.
From Housemarque OY, the creators of Resogun, Super Stardust: Delta, Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD, and XDEV Studio Europe comes MatterFall, a new fast paced and high tech, retro inspired action game, developed exclusively for the PlayStation 4.
- Survive a unique combination of platforming and bullet hell action within a massively vertical futuristic city that is being overrun by the mysterious “Smart Matter”.
- Manipulate “Smart Matter” to turn the environment to your advantage.
- Master extreme aerial agility, sliding, leaping, and blasting to take down hordes of enemies.
- Experiment with augmented weapons as you explore landmark locations known as the Domed City, Alien Ruins and The Space Elevator.
- Engage in local co-op and competitive gameplay modes, comparing kills, scores and statistics against other players.