Jack, a new Trapper class Hunter, and “Murder Pits,” a free new Arena Mode map, are now available for Evolve, 2K Games and Turtle Rock Studios announced.
The new Hunter is available individually or as part of the $24.99 “Hunting Season 2” season pass, which also includes the Assault class Hunter Lennox, one new Monster, and two additional Hunter characters.
Get details on Jack and the Murder Pits map below:
Jack, who refers to himself as The Jackal, joins the Evolve lineup with an all-new set of abilities and weapons. Jack dual-wields pistols, tracks and traps the Monster with a hacked Survey Satellite that locates enemies, and uses his Repulsor gloves to stop Monsters in their tracks.
Murder Pits (Arena Mode Map)
Murder Pits, a free new map featuring a giant pit-fighting stadium designed exclusively for Arena Mode, is also available today. Each arena on the map presents a different, unique challenge to players, for example:
- ‘Jail’ houses dangerous wildlife, freed by doors that open randomly;
- ‘Outhouse’ is a straightforward arena encouraging players to control the high ground;
- ‘Quarry’ carves out a tall, narrow environment stacked with rooms;
- ‘Saloon’ features a series of rooms surrounding a deadly Tyrant pool;
- ‘Laughter House’ contains two chambers separated by a wall that can only be opened by the Monster player.
Turtle Rock also announced “Hunt 2.0,” an update to Evolve‘s Hunt mode with improved matchmaking, revamped leaderboards, and more. Players can choose to play exclusively as a Monster or Hunter, and will never join a match already in progress.
Watch a video of new Hunter Jack in action below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.