Electronic Arts and PopCap games officially announced Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 during Microsoft’s E3 2015 press conference. The game is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in spring 2016.
Here are the details:
- Over 100 Playable Characters – Bring even more strategic depth to this all-out botanical battle with 14 total character classes, and over 100 playable plants and zombies from the past, present, and future.
- Solo Play and Split-Screen – Go solo playing against AI opponents or locally in split-screen co-op across any mode in the game (no Xbox Live Gold or PS Plus required).
- 12 new Battlegrounds – The struggle for Zomburbia has come into full bloom, with maps bursting with personality and humor, Zombossified cityscapes, and crowded airspaces, all layered with hidden secrets waiting to be discovered.
- 24-player Online Multiplayer and up to 4-player Online Co-op – Fight for Zomburbia in 7 game modes – Go on the offensive as the plants in all-new 24-player Herbal Assault mode, or defend as the zombies in 4-player co-op in Graveyard Ops.
- Character Transfer – As a thank you to everyone who has played the original PvZ Garden Warfare, you will have the ability to transfer nearly all of the characters you unlocked into PvZ Garden Warfare 2 at launch.