Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive, the PlayStation 4 version of Mages’ 2D side-scrolling beat ’em up, will launch in North America and Europe this summer for $14.99, the publisher announced.
A new trailer introduces the game’s eight-stage Story Mode, through which you’ll level up your characters and learn new skills, the score and time-based Arcade Mode, the four-player max Co-Op Mode, the four-player max competitive Battle Ground Mode, and the game’s new PlayStation 4 features.
Here’s the full outline, via Mages:
- Story Mode: Battle through 8 deadly stages filled with crazy enemies. Level up your characters to unlock devastating new skills and build up your attack strength, defense, and speed.
- Arcade Mode: Test your skill for the best scores and times, and compare them against the world on global leaderboards.
- Co-op Mode: Play with up to 4 players with online and local multiplayer.
- Battleground Mode: Enjoy a fierce battle royale using your leveled up characters.
- Fight as Itsuki, Yuzuha, Waka, and Mikoto from Phantom Breaker, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Play as Makise Kurisu from popular anime and game series Steins;Gate, available as DLC at launch. (DLC available for $5.99.)
New PlayStation 4 Features
- New skills and abilities for deeper character customization: Triple Jumps, Air Dash Attacks, Shadow Clones, and more!
- Increased chaos: Levels now have gigantic hordes of enemies flooding the screen, and the item drops to match.
- Alternate routes: Discover secret routes that lead you to new items, different enemies, and new skills!
- New Items: Out Range and Aura Items can now be combined to expand your tactical options.
- Newly arranged music: Now leveled up by the PS4! Incredible arrangements with 8 FM synthesis tones and 1 ADPCM tone!
Visit the game’s official website here.
Watch the trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.