Etrian Mystery Dungeon will launch for 3DS in Europe on September 11, and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker will follow on October 30, NIS America announced.
The games will be available both at retail and digitally.
Find fact sheets for each below.
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
The world of Record Breaker is on the brink of non-existence. Just before the heralding of the apocalypse, when life was normal, some thrill-seekers were registering on a website that promised to deliver fake videos of their friends being killed. As people wondered what these videos could mean, an invasion began and humanity was forced to face a struggle to survive in an unprecedented catastrophe. For the main character and his friends, they stand up for humanity when the very same website uploads an application on their cell phones, summoning demons. From there, newly minted demon tamers begin the fight to survive and save the future of mankind, but the protagonist’s decisions aren’t without consequences. What he chooses may save the lives of his friends, or seal their fate.
- Tactical Combat with a Side of Demon Fusion – The elements that make the Devil Survivor series great are back and better than ever with robust, turn-based strategic combat. Since the game is part of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, fusing demons together to form a stronger army is back as a core mechanic!
- Choose Your Own Fate – The line between life and death is razor-thin in Record Breaker. Actions have their consequences, and in the wake of the apocalypse, a wrong choice can result in the permanent death of a character. Multiple endings present the challenge of making all the right choices at the right time.
- Tons of Extra Content – Record Breaker expands on the original Devil Survivor 2 by nearly doubling the amount of storyline for a total of more than 100 hours of strategic game play and consuming plot, with the additional mystery of Miyako Hotsuin to unravel.
- New Personalities to Discover – For the first time, Devil Survivor 2 is getting fully voiced English story dialogue. The voiced dialogue in both the new content and the original story gives added depth in bringing the game’s characters to life from ominous beginning to dramatic end.
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
There’s no hand-holding in Etrian Mystery Dungeon. The action/turn based combat means that battling monsters is not just about using the right skills, but becomes an elegant Pas de Quatre of strategic positioning. Players form their parties with familiar Etrian Odyssey classes, such as Landsknecht and Runemaster, customize individuals using Etrian-style skill trees, and then take up to four members into the dungeons. Always randomized with various levels and paths, the dungeons require plenty of exploration, not to mention the incredible loot rewards — just be wary of what waits among the deepest depths…
- Infinite Dungeons to Explore – Etrian Mystery Dungeon incorporates the random map feature, which changes the floor terrain each time a player enters the dungeon. This core mechanic, inherited from the Mystery Dungeon series, challenges the players with a new maze and stronger monsters every time, offering them unlimited replayability!
- Attention to Detail – The Etrian Odyssey tradition of party customization is in full effect for Etrian Mystery Dungeon. After the first journey as a Landsknecht, players can freely choose their party of 4 from up to 10 different class types. While each class has a unique skill set of its own, characters can also unlock new skills through skill trees.
- Not Your Grandfather’s Combat – The unique perspective in Etrian Mystery Dungeon means that special care will have to be given when selecting party members and upgrading their abilities. With dungeons chock full of enemies and all the loot and money collected at stake, being 100 percent certain in your party’s abilities is crucial for making it out alive.