Bandai Namco and Slightly Mad Studios has confirmed the new release date for the oft-delayed Project Cars.
In the Americas, the game will launch first for PC on May 6, then for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 12. In Europe, the game will launch across all three platforms on May 8.
Get the official fact sheet below:
Guided, tested, and approved by a passionate community of racing fans and real-life drivers, Project Cars represents the next-generation of racing simulation as the ultimate combination of fan desire and developer expertise.
Create a driver, pick from a huge variety of motorsports, and shift into high gear to chase a number of Historic Goals and ultimate recognition in the Hall Of Fame. Then test your skills online either in competitive fully-loaded race weekends, leaderboard-based time challenges, or continually-updated community events.
Featuring the largest track roster of any recent racing game with a ground-breaking dynamic time of day & weather system, world-class graphics and handling, deep tuning & pit stop functionality, and support for Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus, Project Cars leaves the competition behind in the dust.
- Overview: Create a driver, pick from a variety of motorsports, and shift into high gear to chase a number of historic goals and enter the hall of fame. Then test your skills online either in competitive fully-loaded race weekends, leaderboard-based time challenges, or continually-updated community events.
- Advanced: Supports Project Morpheus and Oculus Rift allowing players to play as if looking through the driver’s eyes with unprecedented perception of speed and special awareness.
- Range: A wide range of motorsports and car culture – from road cars to GT, open wheel, prototypes, endurance, historic classics, supercars, track day cars, and even karts.
- Authentic: Race on over 60 unique tracks including closed circuits and point-to-point locations at any time of day and in ever-changing weather conditions.
- Modes: Play pre-deﬁ ned championships in Season Mode, Create Your Own, or simply visit the Test Track to tweak under the hood in OnTrack Testing. The freedom is yours.
- Multiplayer: Players can race online in 16-20 player races either in public games against the world, or privately with friends.
- Network: Track and compare stats, performance, reputation, and afﬁ nity with friends via the driver network. View your photos, replays, saved race weekends, tuning setups, and pit strategies.