Mevius Final Fantasy will be free-to-play when it launches for smartphones in Japan this spring, Square Enix announced.
Additionally, the publisher fully detailed the game’s story, characters (including a new princess), combat, and key staff.
The key staff is made up of:
- Producer: Yoshinori Kitase (Final Fantasy V, VI, VII, and VII director; Final Fantasy X and XIII series producer)
- Senario: Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, and XIII scenario)
- Character Design: Toshiyuki Itahana (Final Fantasy IX, Crystal Chronicles character designer)
- Composer: Mitsuto Suzuki (Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns composer)
On April 2 at 20:00 Japan time, Square Enix will host a Mevius Final Fantasy live stream on its Square Enix Presents channel.
Find the new information translated below.
This world is not your birthplace. You’re a human, born and raised in a different world, not here. Until now, you might have faced innumerable battles.
But you can remember none of it. You’ve lost your memory, drifting into this world of “Paramitia.”
But it’s not only you. Other outsiders who’ve lost their memory have drifted ashore this world in large numbers. Because your past is a blank space, you’re all known as “Blanks.”
But in exchange for these lost memories, you all have a future ahead of you, as well. There is a prophecy, according to the world of Paramitia.
“Someday, a ‘Warrior of Light’ will appear and fill the world with hope.”
The world has been invaded by demonic armies led by “Chaos,” but it is said that one Blank will rise up against the enemy and save the world.
One Blank—no, you—might be this fabled Warrior of Light. Battle for the future, and bring hope to the world of Paramitia.
Player (default name Wal)
A man from a different world, and an outsider who washed up into Paramitia. He’s lost his memories, and does not understand how he ended up in Paramitia, but he faces reality and fights to survive in this new world.
Sarah Lotte Cornelia
The princess of the Cornelia House of the Paramitia Kingdom. She has the appropriate, noble, tidy behavior of a princess, and is sometimes very charming. She has been awaiting the appearance of the Warrior of Light told by the prophecy to save Paramitia.
One of the Moogles of Paramitia. He feels something special when he meets the hero and volunteers to guide him on his journey. Every Moogle has the ability to share their memories and senses with each other.
1) By attacking the enemy, you can obtain “Elements.” Using an equipped Ability requires having a sufficient number of Elements of the corresponding affinity in stock. Abilities that can be used will pop out on screen to indicate they’re ready.
A guardian to protect the onion warriors.
- Earth Sword – A simple earth-based attack. Consumes four Earth Elements. It can hit one enemy unit, not that it’s simple per se.
- HP Up
When four of the earth attribute Elements are gathered, the Earth Sword ability can be triggered. Auto Abilities are activated by setting them in the deck.
2) When you tap an Ability Card, the ability activates. Battles aren’t about properly timing your taps, but rather making the best use of your skills.
The merciless queen of the ice world.
- Blizzaga – A water-based attack that requires six Water Elements and attacks all enemy units. Creates chunks of huge ice and fires them at an area around the target to deal great damage.
A plump and big-hearted rare species of Chocobo.
- Barrier – Requires two Regular Elements and raises defense for eight turns. It can’t be stacked, meaning you’ll have to wait another eight turns to activate it again.
- HP Up
There are four Elemental attributes: fire, water, wind, and earth. When an attack strikes an enemy’s weakness and deals great damaged, the enemy will be “Weakened.” If you attack an enemy with the same attribute it possess, the damage is reduced and the enemy will “Resist.”
Element Drive: Resistance Up
The Elements you collect are not only good for attacking, but also for strengthening your resistance. You can consume Elements of certain attributes to increase your resistance towards that attribute.
By continuously attacking the enemy, you’ll reduce its “Break Gauge.” When it reaches zero, the enemy will “break” and weaken, creating the ideal opportunity to attack.
Field Map & World
Moving About the World
You can move around the game world by tapping its icon on the world map and watching your character move on his own in a full 3D world with various areas.
Alternatively, there are some areas where you can directly control your character and freely walk around.
The story unfolds in the vast and beautiful world of Paramitia. From here on, you’ll travel the world according to the story’s progress and circumstances.
The above screenshots are also available at the gallery.