Acquire, developer of Akiba’s Trip, the Way of the Samurai series, and the newly announced Metropolis Defenders, has given itself a face-lift in celebration of its 20th anniversary on December 6 this year.
First, there’s the new logo:
Which comes complete with a new company slogan:
We have to stay sharp, lest we lose our edge and find ourselves unable to blow open conventions. As creators, that means we have to always be honing our sensibilities.
We can’t be who we’re not. Our individuality is in our DNA.
What we aim for here is to make games that are one-of-a-kind, that can’t be found anywhere else in the world. With renewed vigor, we feel we still have a lot of work left to do, that games aren’t all they can be yet.
We make games so people can enjoy the extraordinary in their ordinary lives and can only hope to envelope the world in them.
We can keep doing better. We can be sharper. We can pierce hearts and minds with our games.
Here’s the old logo, for comparison:
Acquire has also created an official mascot character. Acquire-chan will be used in future promotions of upcoming games, and will appear during a collaboration quest in Road to Dragons via a December 6 update.
Here are her details:
- History: She is originally from a 2.5 dimension game, but with her forcefulness, she was able to burst from it without losing her spirit. She can come and go between the 2.5 dimension world an real world as she pleases.
- Birthday: December 6
- Height: 151 cm
- Weight: None (1.51 GB)
- Favorite Things: Talking about games. Her favorite games are of the action and ‘stick it to the heart’ variety.
- Personality: Bright and loves internet discussion. In real life, however, she is a little shy.
- Strong Points: Pure, earnest, and someone who battles on in difficult situations.
- Weak Points: She can sometimes go on a rampage.
Acquire has also revamped its official website. Visit it here.