The next Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare update, dubbed “Legends of the Lawn,” will launch tomorrow and include a new game mode, character variants, customizations, and spawnable reinforcements.
Find full details below, via the PlayStation Blog.
- Taco Bandits (Game Mode) – The Plants vs. Zombies take on the classic Capture the Flag. Crazy Dave set up his taco stand in Zombie territory and naturally, Dr. Zomboss is trying to eat lunch and skip out on the bill. As a Zombie, it’s your job to push through reinforced Plant defenses, grab the taco, and make it back to Dr. Zomboss’ spaceship in one piece. If the Zombies can manage this feat three times in a round, it’s game over for the Plants.
- Character Variants – Seven brand new character variants.
- Centurion – Unlike most Soldiers, the Centurion’s crossbow weapon is a single shot, semi-automatic. It’s quick, extremely accurate, and inflicts fire damage that burns over time.
- Paleontologist – Comes equipped with a molten magma blaster that applies fire damage at both short and long-ranges.
- Sanitation Expert – His trash compactor launches explosive garbage bags that inflict toxic damage to any Plant caught in the blast radius. Just don’t call him a Garbage Man.
- Golf Star – With his increased zoom and super-accurate aiming, the Golf Star is as close to a sniper as the All-Star class can get. His Golf Cannon also features the fastest rate of fire in the game.
- Chomp Thing – All about survivability. His health regeneration kicks in twice as fast as any other character, so if you’re planning on taking him on, you’d better make sure you can finish the job.
- Alien Flower – A bit of a departure from your standard Sunflower. Her projectiles explode on impact, creating a temporary spore mist that rapidly damages any Zombies unlucky enough to walk through it.
- Jade Cactus – She’s heavily armored, featuring the highest health out of any Cactus. Her weapon deals explosive damage on direct hits, while misses stick in the environment, build up in power, and then explode.
- Customizations – Hundreds of new customization items, including new themed customization sets.
- Reinforcements – New spawnable AI include the Laser Bean from Plants vs. Zombies 2, the Heal Zombie, and the Yeti Imp.
In addition to this, the following modes, variants, and maps, which are already available on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC, are set to make their PlayStation debut tomorrow.
- Suburbination (Game Mode) – In Suburbination, the Plant and Zombie teams are locked in an epic tug-of-war as they fight for tactical control over three hotly contested gardens. In this take on the classic domination-style game mode, its Suburbinate or be Suburbinated!
- Crash Course (Map) – Set on the prestigious Bogey Hills Golf Course, Crash Course is equal parts idyllic greens and flaming Zomboss wreck. It’s the perfect place to work on your swing, improve your putting skills, and take down the Zombie horde.
- Plasma Pea Shooter (Character Variant) – Winner of the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Facebook design contest: the Plasma Pea Shooter can shoot rapid-fire plasma balls, super-explosive galaxies, and more.
Watch a trailer for “Legends of the Lawn” below.