PlayStation Vita TV, which launched in Japan last year, is coming to North America and Europe this fall for $99 / €99, Sony Computer Entertainment announced during its E3 media briefing.
A bundle including a DualShock 3 wireless controller, eight gigabyte memory card, and The LEGO Movie Videogame will also be available for $139 in North America.
PlayStation Vita TV is essentially a TV console version of the PS Vita. The ultra slim console supports most PS Vita games and can also be used for PlayStation 4 remote play and other functions.
Here’s the full feature outline:
- PlayStation 4 (PS4) Remote Play
- As with PS Vita, PS TV supports PS4 Remote Play and Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 3 or DUALSHOCK 4). This will allow PS4 users in the living room to continue playing a game on a PS TV system in their bedroom. PS4™ users can also enjoy most of the PS4 games on PS TV with excellent operability as if they are playing it on their PS4 system.
- PlayStation 3 (PS3) games through PlayStation Now
- PS TV users will be able to access the PlayStation™Now open beta service that will be available by the end of this year in North America and at a later date in Europe and the PAL region. PS TV users will be able to comfortably enjoy PS3 games via streaming, by using Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 3 or DUALSHOCK 4).
- Vast lineup of software titles available for download or via game cards
- PS TV offers a vast lineup of over 1,000 software titles from select PS Vita games, PSP (PlayStation Portable) games and PS One classics, including titles such as Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (Disney Interactive), Minecraft (Mojang/4J Studios), God of War: Collection (SCE WWS), and Killzone Mercenary (SCE WWS). Users will be able to enjoy all of these titles using the Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 3 or DUALSHOCK 4). Users can download games directly to the system through the PlayStation Store, or insert a PS Vita game card directly into the device.
- Fun and Unique features of PS TV
- PS TV users can play games with PS Vita users through a local wireless Ad Hoc mode.
- Up to 2 DUALSHOCK 3 or DUALSHOCK 4 controllers can be connected to PS TV, allowing users to enjoy multiplayer games from PS One classics titles.
- PS TV will allow users to access movies and TV episodes available on PlayStation Store.
- PS TV users can access the same services they enjoy on their PS Vita system, such as PlayStation Plus.
- Videos or photos stored on the Memory Card or those videos being played on the “Browser” of the PS Vita system can easily be transferred to PS TV to be viewed on a large TV screen*5. While being transferred, PS Vita can be used as a remote controller using the video player application.
View images of the black PS Vita TV at the gallery.