Arrowhead Games shared new details on Helldivers, its upcoming PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita twin-stick shooter set in a dystopian world, on the PlayStation Blog today.
Here’s the summary:
- Intergalactic Campaign – Helldivers is all about teamwork. The entire community will wage an intergalactic war over the course of four to six weeks, each victory and loss impacting whether the war can won or lost. Whether you’re cooperating with your two to four person squad or fighting solo, you can choose mission that match your capabilities and rise through the ranks, earning new weapons and perks, to save entire planets and obtain “Stratagems,” their most valuable asset.
- Cyborgs – Up until now, we’ve seen one of the enemy races–the Bugs. But in addition to Bugs, Super Earth is also at war with the Cyborg Nation, a race of bionically augmented separatists once part of the Super Earth federation, but are now independent. They have heavy armor and projectile weaponry, offering a very different tactical challenge where the “fire & maneuver” doctrine is key.
- Ice Environment – Until now, we’ve only seen the game’s desert environments. New screenshots today showcase the ice environments. Each environment dicates your fighting techniques. Snow will slow you down and render retreat impossible
- Strategems – Strategems mentioned earlier, are the most essential part of Helldivers. Each player selects their load-out prior to a mission, which contains up to four support strategems of their choosing. They’re key to determining the outcome of a battle. Examples of Strategems include defense turrets, napalm, heavy artillery for busting tanks, and jump. packs.
- Mechs – Helldivers will have a fleet of advanced vehicles to tackle some of the game’s “unforgiving environments.” The standard mech is equipped with a Gatling gun and a grenade launcher pod.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.