Dengeki PlayStation this week has a two-page interview with Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo on the company’s recently announced PlayStation 3 and PS Vita role-playing game sequel The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki.
Here’s the bullet summary:
- It’s been about a year since Falcom started working in 3D graphics. The staff that has been working in pixel art up to now is building 3D tools.
- Though it’s 3D, their pixel art know-how still shines through.
- There is a lot of enthusiasm around the project.
- They’re putting all of their strength into the project. It’s the only all-new game they’re releasing in 2013.
- They’re hoping it will help Falcom step up their image.
- The game’s setting is the Empire of Erebonia.
- The time period is still under wraps, but they want to depict a period after Sora, Zero, and Ao.
- The image of the title Sen no Kiseki is meant to depict the flash of the arc the hero’s sword carves in the darkness.
- The big war in the empire that has been alluded to previously will actually occur.
- The four characters they’ve introduced up to now are protagonists, but they are not the only ones.
- They gathered the nine illustrators on the project together for a specific reason.
- The “Tactics Link System:” up until now, players have fought while judging the distance between themselves and their enemy, but it ends up with them spending a lot of time “waiting and watching.” Now players will be able to enjoy that time actively.
- While the characters move around, you have to constantly be thinking about what actions and links to use.
- “I think we’ve achieved battles with no time to rest.”
- “Active Voice” will be used not only during events and battles, but characters will also chat according to conditions as you travel across the world map.
- There is a cooperative action with companions that have weapons called “Orbments.”
- You won’t have to wait long for new information. There should be more before it gets warm out.
- Dengeki asks: “Will the sale date be in fall when Falcom usually releases new games?” The answer kind of hints that they are planning it, but that it’s still secret.
Added 9:55 p.m. (via Re: Gigen)
- The main characters have assembled for a certain purpose and are living in the same facility.
- The outline is split into four volumes of light novels.
- The raiding unit isn’t the Crossbell Police, it’s a new organization.
- The series’ familiar organizations, characters, etc. appear, but the idea has changed and a new nuance is established.
- Even if certain characters appear, it’s treated like their first appearance in the empire. They become episodes regarding all the past series. Particularly, The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki The 3rd becomes an episode that double tracks this title, hinting at Crossbell.
- The bond events have evolved remarkably, as well as the go around playing.
- You can share save data between PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, and there will likely be costume and scenario download content. There is no difference between both versions.
- At the moment, they are still selecting voice actors.
- There are many mechanisms this time.
- Character designer Nakae created about 60 to 70 characters.
- The game will have the largest story in the series.
Thanks, Game Nyarth.