Famitsu this week has a new interview with various Japanese game creators on carrying the next generation. Though, there’s not much talk about next-gen at all! At least, not in [email protected]‘s summary. Instead, we’ve got confirmation of a new Mugen Souls game, favorite developers, and cats. Find the full summary below.
Kenta Kanno, Idea Factory
- Although there hasn’t been an official announcement, a new game in the Mugen Souls series is in production.
- My hang up as a director is that I want to raise the quality up until the last minute so that it may become more interesting.
- Since I like SLG, I’d like to keep making RPGs. I’d also like to try making an action game, but that’s difficult. Gal games are out of the question.
Takeshi Yamazaki, Capcom
- My favorite creator is Goichi Suda. He is really one of a kind.
- I have a strong desire to create a scenario-centered game, so if I could make an RPG in a different genre, it might be interesting.
- I’d like to try making a puzzle-type games because I enjoyed Portal so much.
Ken Suzuki, GungHo Online Entertainment
- Hobbies include raising and playing with his cat. It’s a munchkin type.
- I am currently doing my best to make Picotto Knights a good game. As far as future games go, I’d like the challenge of making an action game with a competitive specialization.
Mitomu Shimizu, Konami
- My favorite creator is director Hideo Kojima. During my time at the KCE School, he came as a lecturer and I took my shirt off on the spot for him to sign.
- I’m a former rugby player who entered the games industry after injuries, and I like baseball as much as cars, so in the future I’d like to try making a rally game.
Tai Yasue, Square Enix
- My personal motto are some words of encouragement written for me by Yasumi Matsuno when I transferred. They are, “Don’t think you can come back.” (Yasue became acquainted with Matsuno in college and joined Square Enix with his help.)
- I’m currently working on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. Development is at about 80 to 90 percent complete. It’s a trifling thing, but we are looking into adding a scoring component when you clear the game.
Yuichiro Saito, Spike Chunsoft
- His hobby and specialty is cats. He has five.
- My favorite genre resembles [Bufufukonbi’s Terasawa P], but the parts I’m particular about are just a little different.
- I’ll be able to announce a new title soon where I’ll be the main producer.
Masayoshi Yokoyama, Sega
- Enjoys the work of creators Toshihiro Nagoshi (Yakuza) and Guy Ritchie.
Shogo Kozakai, Nippon Ichi Software
- Enjoys Hatsune Miku games and songs. His wife is skilled at Hatsune Miku Project Diva.
- Their image as a strategy RPG maker is strong, but they also work on general RPGs and other genres that they’d like their customers to receive.
Kenji Saito, Platinum Games
- His favorite character is the Dragon Quest series’ blue Slime.
- From now on I want to take direction of the completely new projects from Platinum Games.