Tecmo Koei is bringing an enhanced edition of Warriors Orochi 3 to Wii U.
The game – which brings together the heroes of Tecmo Koei franchises Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Ninja Gaiden, Warriors: Legend of Troy, Blaestorm, Trinity: Soul of Zill O’ll, and Dead or Alive – boasts new features on Wii U, including an original new characte, a “Duel Mode,” and more.
Find a full feature set below.
- Huge cast of playable characters: More than 130 playable characters from the worlds of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. But that is not all that you’ll have at your disposal this time, as the vortex created by Orochi drags a few more allies to their universe. Dragon Ninja Ryu Hayabusa, Achilles, Jeanne d’Arc, Nemea, and Ayane are only a few of the new additions to the playable character roster!
- Unlock abilities and influence the storyline through the bond system: The bonds between characters can be increased by interaction in banquets, fighting together as allies, rescuing struggling allies, and accepting then clearing missions in battles. These bonds can influence the storyline, as well as unlock extra attacks and new stages.
- Customize scenarios and share them online for all to enjoy: Cleared stages from Story Mode or Free Mode can be edited to create unique battlefields, where players can change voice lines and characters, acquire Musou Battlefield Elements in Story Mode and use them to add even more interesting new aspects to their original battlefields. Then rate scenarios created by others and see how your scenarios stack up.
- New “Duel Mode”: An all new “Duel Mode” fuses elements of player versus player battles and card battles into intense combat for player vs. COM battles, or online battles against your friends.
- Wii U GamePad compatible: Choose from two ways to play local two player co-op. Play using the TV and the Wii U GamePad screen, or play using standard split screen on your TV.
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is due for Wii U this holiday. View the first set of screenshots at the gallery. Watch a trailer below.