This week’s Famitsu has the first formal update on Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS.
The game is set in the country of East Mikado, which has a civilization like Medieval Europe. Tokyo is in ruins and covered by darkness, and demons run rampantly. Samurai are able to control the demons using gauntlets, which have a demon summon program built into them. Their mission is to exterminate demons from the country.
A list of characters is also provided:
- Protagonist (CV: None) – an 18-year-old young man living in Mikado Country. He is a member of the samurais who exterminates demons.
- Jonathan (CV: Hiroshi Kamiya) – a young man who has a gentle nature and good upbringing. He is an intermediary between the friends of individual samurais.
- Izabo (CV: Miyuki Sawashiro) – the lone lady among the samurais, she is a veracious young woman with a strong mind. She seems cold at first, but she seems to have underlying layers.
- Walter (CV: Katsuyuki Konishi) – a young man who seems to have bad behavior. Although he’s rough around the edges, he has a lot of passion.
- Navarre (CV: Shintaro Ohata) – a high-energy young man with a strong sense of elitism. He hates to lose.
And some demons:
- Raphael (Illustration: Keita Amemiya)
- Asmodeus (Illustration: Yasushi Nirasawa)
- Kogasabro (Illustration: Tamotsu Shinohara)
- Omoikane (Illustration: Yoshi Nishimura)
- Kuebiko (Illustration: Aki Kyoma)
View some more scans below.