Yakuza 5 will feature a new component called “Another Drama.” Detailed in Famitsu this week, these are side-stories for the game’s five main characters. [email protected] has provided a summary of four characters’ Another Drama stories, each with their own unique gameplay mechanics.
- Kazuma kicks off Yakuza 5 as a taxi driver in Fukuoka. One day, he comes into contact with the “Devil Killer” street racer group, who challenge him to a race on the Fukoka highway. Kazuma’s goal is to make it to the finish line, avoiding other cars and construction along the way.
- During the race, Kazuma can perform moves such as “Explosion Race Heat Action” and “Secret Exploding Accel.”
- You will be able to customize your taxi’s tires, turbo, chassis, wheels, body color, and stickers.
- Separate from the race, you’ll be able to pick up and drive passengers to and from their preferred destinations.
- Saejima starts off Yakuza 5 on a snowy mountain in Hokkaido. After losing consciousness and almost freezing to death, he is saved by an old man, who tells Saejima of his continued search to find Yama Oroshi, a huge dragon of legend.
- You will go survival hunting in the snow. Armed with a hunting gun, you must make use of stealthy manuevers, such as traps, to catch your prey.
- Haruka is training to become an idol, and is thus competing in “Princess League,” a tournament to determine the number one idol in Osaka.
- You will play a rhythm game, which involves pressing the face buttons as they move across a static cursor.
- Haruka will also be involved various other events, including hand shake meetings, talk show appearances, quiz shows, and magazine interviews.
- Shinada reunites with a former high school baseball teammate, who he challenges to a batting contest.
- You will need to swing the bat in a timely manner, moving the cursor to the ball.
- Shinada will gain abilities such as slowing down the ball’s speed. He will also reunite with his former coach, and further develop his skills.