Back in September, NIS America announced a localization of Acquire’s Gladiator VS for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in North America and Europe. Today, it’s confirmed a summer release for the game on PlayStation Network (no retail), and a PC release later this year on Steam. The Xbox 360 version will no longer see release.
Here’s NIS America’s description and key features for the title:
Clan of Champions is a hardcore multiplayer action game set in a medieval fantasy world of magic and mystery. You will choose from 3 different races – human, elf, or orc – and take on a variety of combat-based missions, each of which is different in content and length. You can play by yourself or with 2 others in the online co-op mode. There is also a 3-vs-3 team battle mode where you can fight your friends or rival teams.
- Fast-paced Combat – Jump into the fray with a variety of fighting styles and magical spell sets. Find your favorite combination of skills to take on the enemy!
- Multiplayer – Recruit your friends online with the 3-person co-op mode or 3-vs-3 battle mode.
- Customization – Customize your character’s appearance and stat distribution. There are many different weapons and plenty of equipment to aid in creating a unique warrior in your battle for survival!
- Dynamic Warfare – Strip your enemy of their gear mid-battle and seize it for your own use! Switch weapons and fighting styles on the fly!
- Weapon Mastery – Pick whichever weapon type you’d like to specialize in. The longer you use each type of weapon, the more skills and moves you’ll unlock!
Look out for Clan of Champions later this summer.